Time flies when you’re having fun.
10 of the Best Quotes to Inspire You to Do Good in the World
Posted on 06/21/2021
Inspiration is a fickle thing. It comes and goes with little warning. The good news is, you can always reignite inspiration when you’re feeling uninspired. Check out 10 quotes below to help inspire you to do more good in the world and stick on the path toward altruism, along with how you can put these thoughts into action. When you give back to the world, you’ll be surprised at what you get back in return!
1. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
When you give back to others, you get so much more in return. Think about the ways you can incorporate giving back and altruism into your everyday life. It’s human nature to lean into selfishness every now and then. Instead, focus on how you can give back.
2. "If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one." —Mother Teresa
We often let feeling like we need to do it all stop us from doing anything at all. In reality, helping even one person makes a positive impact in the world. Remember that tiny acts of kindness add up!
3. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” ―Eleanor Roosevelt
This sentiment is simple: take time to think about how you can bring joy to others. Set aside 30 minutes this week to reflect on how you can do more good in the world. Then, make a plan of action to follow through.
4. "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." —Pablo Picasso
What’s your passion? Consider how you can use your talents or hobbies to support somebody in need. If you’re a great singer, consider volunteering to sing music to somebody who needs cheer in their life. If you can knit or sew, help make warm clothes for the homeless in the winter. Whatever your gift, consider how you can use it for good.
5. “It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.” ―Albert Einstein
Life is a game of give and take. Remember that we’re all in this thing called life together, and we all will need to take. If you’re able, remember to give where you can to balance out the universe.
6. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” —Winston Churchill
Just because your day job isn’t fully committed to doing good in the world, doesn’t mean you can’t live an altruistic lifestyle. The best moments in your life can be inspired by what you do for others.
7. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” —Charles Dickens
The next time you’re feeling discouraged, remind yourself of this quote. Meaningful work helps those around you. This could be as simple as doing a task for a neighbor in need or spending time volunteering at your favorite organization.
8. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” —Anne Frank
Keep what you need, but give where you can. Giving back will make you feel rich in spirit! If you’re looking for an endorphin boost, find a way to give back, whether that be volunteering or making a donation to your favorite organization.
9. “The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to make things better.” —Robert F. Kennedy
It doesn’t have to be money. It doesn’t have to be an extravagant gesture. You can start small and give back often by thinking about how you can contribute in any way, big or small, to make things better. Remember, you hold the power!
10. “What you do makes a difference. And you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall
Life is short, so focus on causes that are near and dear to your heart! The best part is that you can figure out what is meaningful to you and try to make a difference.
Take these quotes and write them down, print them out or simply bookmark them for the next time you’re looking for inspiration to do more good in the world. Together, we can all make a difference in the lives of others and for our world. We hope these words will inspire you to continue leading a life of good deeds.